Please read through the entirety of this section and then contact us before proceeding to the first step of placing an order. Thank you!
Our moccasins are entirely customized starting with a tape-casting of your foot/feet. You choose the colors, buttons, soles, design, etc. The number of buttons determines the height and the price of the moccasin. This price may go up depending on your choice of design, buttons, etc.
MOCCASIN BASIC PRICE LIST
1 BUTTON $350 *top-line below the ankle bones
2 BUTTON $425 *top-line just above the ankle bones
3 BUTTON $500 *6 to 6 1/4" from the floor
4 BUTTON $575 *7 1/2 to 7 3/4" from the floor
5 BUTTON $650 *8 3/4 to 9" from the floor
6 BUTTON $725 *10 to 10 1/2" from the floor
7 BUTTON $800 *11 1/2 to 12" from the floor
8 BUTTON $875 *13 3/4 to 14" from the floor
For footwear, it simply doesn't get more customized and healthful than this. As opposed to conventional, "lasted" footwear, which constrains the foot in a generic cavity, our moccasins fit more like a second skin--molding to the feet and allowing them to move, behave and operate as they are designed to.
Though we prefer to have your feet in our hands for the tape-casting procedure it is possible to cast your foot at home and send it to us. If you're interested in this option you'll need the following instruments and materials:
1) a cutting mat or some other smooth, flat cutting surface
2) 2 pieces of unmarked printer paper, legal size for larger feet
3) 1 piece of heavy grade cardstock (a heavy grade file folder can work as well), large enough to trace the foot on
4) 1 golfer's pencil (no longer than 3") for tracing the feet
5) 1 regular length pencil for "beautifying" the footprint
6) 1 red or colored pencil for tracing the instep/arch
7) 1 black Sharpie marker
8) 1 or 2 knee high nylons or a similar thin sock (be aware, you will be cutting through these)
9) Duck/Duct tape: not all duck tapes are created equal. Many brands and grades will not work great for this. Please use ACE All-Purpose Duck Tape or 3M All-Purpose Duct Tape
10) a sewing tape or some other measuring tape
11) A pair of sharp, blunt-nosed scissors. Casting-scissors and a lip-knife are ideal but most households won't have these
12) Talcum/Baby Powder
*Part 1 of the Tape-Casting video will lead you through Step 1 of the procedure, "Creating the Footprint". This is the most important step of the whole process. Before moving on to Part 2 of the video--which contains Steps 2-5--you'll need to either text or email a picture of your "beautified" footprint to us for review. Because we use a hardy but soft 6-8oz bullhide or bison, our footwear will mold to the foot, but if your "beautified" footprint sucks in too much at the instep or doesn't properly account for a bunion or other such protuberance, the shoes/boots may not fit right. We know what to look for, and can nip a problem in the bud before it's too late.
After getting the thumbs up on your "beautified" footprint, taping the foot/feet, and removing and powdering the cast, you'll need to acquire a mailing box that gives ample room for the cast so that it does not get crushed. We almost exclusively use USPS for shipping. For a smaller cast we recommend Priority Mail Regional Rate Box A. And for a larger cast, Priority Mail Shoe Box. It really doesn't matter if you use these or another box, we just need to make sure that the cast doesn't show up as an irrevocable ball of panty hose and duck tape!
As for deciding on your colors, buttons, sole, etc, currently, the best way to do this is to look at pictures here on this website or go to our social media pages where you'll see even more. Eventually, we'll have a system here online that will allow you to more easily pick through the options. Please don't hesitate to call, text, or email us with any questions you may have.
Also, if you have any feedback on these videos or anything you think is missing here in the "Ordering Footwear" section of our website, again, please don't hesitate to let us know.
All the best...and happy casting!
-Tera Ptacek & Dustin Lyons